Friday, January 7, 2011

The New Year

Janus was the Roman god of beginnings and was depicted as a man with two heads, one looking forward, the other backwards.  As we look forward into 2011, full of expectation and excitement, it is important to pause for a moment to remember 2010.

Highlights of the old year for me include:
* Frank and I moving in together in February and making a beautiful home together,
* Traveling to Newfoundland, Canada, in late July to attend and present at an international storytelling conference held in St. John's,
* Leading the Historic Washington (NC) ghost walk throughout the summer and autumn,
* Enjoying special times with family and friends, both in person and on-line,
* Becoming the new children's librarian at the public library in Washington, NC.

The saddest personal news for me in 2010 was the selling of my family's cottage at Holden Beach, NC.  So many memories!  That little house had been part of our family for over 50 years and I'll sure miss going to it.

Here's to 2011!  I hope it is a wonderful, adventurous year!

1 Comments:

At May 25, 2011 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Campbell3555 said...

I apologize that this is way off track, but I couldn't get my email to work properly to send you an email. Hi Terry! It's Jay Campbell from Greenville South Carolina. I am SO glad I was able to find you! Very Very Lucky! You're Top Ten on Google for Terry Rollins North Carolina BTW! :-) Please drop me an email. I would LOVE to catch up! Hope you are well! BIG GIGANTIC HUGGS! frostyjake@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home